MEETING MAGIC™ FOR SAFETY PROFESSIONALS
How to Make the Safety Message Stick!
There is a great mystery that cries out to be solved: why are most meetings unproductive and what can we do to change them? According to a Wall St. Journal survey, 98% of people agreed that 50% of their time in business meetings is wasted. When it comes to safety, effective communication and meeting efficiency are more important than ever as companies are dealing with injuries and the potential for lives lost in addition to mere financial and productivity losses.
Over the last twenty years, author and communications expert, Dr. Brinkman has developed and trained organizations how to have great meetings that are shorter, more effective and more enjoyable!
Meeting Magic™ for Safety Professionals Delivers:
- Communication techniques that bypass conflict & create an environment where all members listen & are heard
- Skills to control the domination of aggressive members and encourage participation of passive members
- A platform style that allows new ideas to evolve in a group process, instead of just being shot down
- A decision making model that appropriately integrates all members’ opinions
- An agenda that shortens meetings while getting more accomplished
Dr. Brinkman’s compelling communication tactics for leadership include:
- Meeting strategies to avoid conflict, making sure everyone contributes for both face to face and conference call meetings.
- Using ‘blending’ to get past people's resistance to "having heard this already" that shut out the importance of safety protocols
- The Power of Positive Projections in influencing individual and team behavior.
- How to eliminate any nervousness you might have being in front of the group.
- How to get rid of “it's always been that way” mentality.
This program is ideal for safety coordinators, supervisors, volunteers, and professionals, as a half-day session/breakout or program that precedes the conference.
Dr. Brinkman is also prepared to integrate these practices into your association board meeting as an additional service offering. He will teach you the process by running your meeting and you will learn how to get more done with less time and effort, guaranteed!