Recent studies by the U.S Travel Association show direct spending by resident and international travelers in the U.S. for 2016 averaged $2.7 billion a day. With the vast majority of travelers relying on the internet and search engines to plan leisure and business trips, it is more important than ever that service, client relations and the ability to ensure a RETURN client base be rooted in the way we think, react and communicate with our customers.
“You are an entertaining and enlightened speaker who presents material in a gripping, though- provoking manner. My staff, my customers and my suppliers all said they will benefit from the tools.t!”
— Curtis Sagmeister Hospitality Ventures Worldwide
Conscious Communication for Service Excellence
Creating Memorable Service Experiences and Turning Difficult Customers into Raving Fans
Conscious Communication® is about taking responsibility for your effect on others. By utilizing the tools of Conscious Communication®, the fully-equipped tourism professional knows the result/goal he/she wants for the customer in each interaction, including how the travel client feels about it. In 2008 alone, customer dissatisfaction with travel hassles rose to such high levels that travelers avoided 41 million trips, at a cost of more than $26 billion to the U.S. economy. The goal of a Conscious Communicator is to have the customer feel cared about, even while hearing bad news.
- He/she pays attention to what the travel client really needs both tangibly and emotionally and the Conscious Communicator knows what actions, tone and words will deliver the results they are intending.
- A Conscious Communicator is also sensitive to timing, making sure people are completely heard and empathized with -- before moving to solutions.
- A Conscious Communicator is aware of the statistics that an upset client is an opportunity to create a more loyal customer than you could've had if you had done it right the first time. The key is to have them first, feel like you care about them and second, to exceed their service expectations in what you do about it.
- A Conscious Communicator looks at each interaction with the travel client like going to the gym, with an opportunity to get stronger and further develop their communication muscles/skills.
- Conscious Communication® is based on the belief that good communication skills are the foundation and life force behind all great customer relationships. Communication is like a phone number, you need all the digits and you need them in the right order to get through. There are strategies (phone numbers) that will work in communication. For example, when responding to an upset travel client, there is a sure-fire strategy that either makes the customer feel defensive and close-minded, or open-minded with a willingness to work with you to resolve the problem.
Actual content of your program will be determined by phone interviews with some representatives of the audience to determine the specific needs and situations your industry faces.
"You were...terrific, sensational, dramatic, funny, entertaining, thought provoking, educational, spectacular, and the hit of the program. Our people loved you!" Michelle Morgan, Executive Director, Leisure Tours